The description of the courses:
- Business Etiquette (BE) course: The course will approach the actions that must be done, behaviors that must be acted and attitudes that must be had in order to successfully obtain a job and also, to become a valued and effective employee at the workplace and in the personal life. It is designed for people hoping to get a job, newly joining or recently returning to the workforce. It covers workplace expectations and acceptable behaviors: appropriate business dress and grooming, verbal communication, telephone skills, time management, conflict management, team-working and other general professional situations. It will include a guide to develop an action-plan to improve a person’s professionalism.
- Learning How to Learn (LHL) course: The course will describe different learning techniques which can help the VET learners in their professional life. It will include various techniques usable for improving the learning output of a person both in professional and in personal areas. The course will contain sections that will explain methods for handling procrastination and typical interruptions during the learning process (visitors, phone calls, requests other persons, etc.), overcoming blockages, problem solving and creative thinking. It will also, include speed-reading techniques, memorization as well as psychological techniques to enhance one’s learning output.
- Professional Digital Literacy (PDL) course: The course will be centered on the use of electronic software and hardware for professional purposes. The PDL training curricula will state the various uses of the most common devices at this moment, the smartphone and the laptop, in a business environment, together with other peripherals and with software. It will be based on the most common operating systems for computers and smartphones, respectively, Windows 10 and Android. Also, the course will address common situations regarding the use of ICT in both professional and personal field with the focus on situations described in the BE and the LHL courses.
- Trainer’s Kit (TK): The material will include tools and techniques usable to successfully integrate the 3 previous courses in the general curricula of the school, both as stand-alone courses and as appendices in other areas. It will contain a guide usable by all VET educators across multiple disciplines to successfully instill in their students the values presented in the three previous courses. They will include a strategy to apply handbook’s guidelines for improving the pedagogical methods that VET teachers, trainers and mentors apply when addressing the three courses through experiential learning processes, thereby improving VET educators’ competences according to the competence frameworks applicable. On a more pragmatic view, the trainer’s kit will include for all three courses:
- The course evaluation scale;
- Competences needed to be acquired by the learners;
- Indications on attitudes, examples and other information needed to be provided by the trainers during the course in order to facilitate the learning process by the VET learners;
- Methods of integration with the general curricula applicable;
- Other information which can be used by the trainer in the teaching process.